Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Everybody Needs Some Time Alone

Of course they do.

I love being with her, no doubt about it, but sometimes I need my time alone. As they say, or as she says, time apart is time together.

When we get the chance, we spend as much time as we can together. I make the effort to come to down every other weekend via Virgin Train from Coventry University to spend my days with her, it's not that expensive either because I have a special discount card from my Dad which makes it cheaper for me to travel. And she does the same when she drives up every other week, spending petrol money just to come up and see me.

Sometimes it can all become too much for me and I need some time alone. But why do I need time alone? To be honest, I don't really know this for sure. I guess some "me" time is good. I just spent 3 days straight with her in Amsterdam, waking up next to her, falling to sleep next to her, eating dinner with her, consuming illegal substances with her, I basically do everything with her. She went to Scotland to attend a family matter, whilst I stay at home doing absolutely nothing. We're spending time apart right now.

Now, I wanted time away from her, because spending too much time with her can get too much at times, but I found out today that's not what I want. I want to be with her all the time, even if I don't. That doesn't make sense.

But as cliché as this sounds, I need her around and I accept that now.

It's just that, in the past, in my other relationship, I wanted to be with her all the time and when she didn't, it destroyed me and I can never be to careful these days, I have to look out for myself too. Past is past.

Today is what I should looking out for, it's going to make all the difference.

I miss her...

...And I want to be with her...